Sympatica software requirements
Thank you for your interest in Sympatica. The following diagram depicts the minimum required production architecture to support Sympatica, depending on whether physical endpoints, VDI endpoints or both are utilized in your environment.
To run Sympatica in your hospital you’ll need the following:
- Hardware: Servers must meet the minimum hardware requirements of the installed operating system, with enough spare resources to install and run the Aventura Server components. The Aventura Server components have an installed footprint of ~500MB, requires 4GB of vRAM, and 4 vCPUs at a minimum.
- Network Requirements: Static IP address, DNS entries, domain member, vNIC
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 2012 R2; fully patched and appropriately licensed.
- Supported Hypervisors: VMware ESX 4.0 or higher, Citrix XenServer, or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Prerequisite Software: The Aventura Server installer checks for prerequisites that Aventura depends on to function, and installs them if needed. The prerequisites include:
- .NET Framework 4.5
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Native Client & Command Line Utilities
- Python 2.7.5
- Visual C++ Redistributables for Visual Studio 2012 X64 and X86
Microsoft SQL Server Requirements
For production, Sympatica requires a dedicated Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or 2012 R2 instance with clustering/high availability compatible with current standards of virtualization.
Your Virtualization Environment
Sympatica connects to virtual infrastructures that use Microsoft Terminal Services (Remote Desktop Services), Citrix XenDesktop or XenApp, or VMware Horizon with View. These solutions can be used individually or together. Further, Sympatica can blend published application roaming on non-roaming shared kiosk-style endpoints. Configurations guides for your environment are provided after purchase.
We recommend the utilization of a 3rd party logging aggregator that supports SYSLOG to monitor system performance. In the case of a system issue, the completeness and accessibility of log data is directly proportional to how long it takes to resolve the problem.
Aventura Workstation Client Requirements
- Endpoint Hardware Requirements: Endpoint devices must meet the minimum hardware requirements of the installed operating system, with enough spare resources to install and run the Aventura Workstation Client. The Workstation Client has an installed footprint of ~5MB, consumes ~8MB of RAM while running, and consumes 0% of CPU while idle.
- Endpoint Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP Embedded (XPE), Windows Embedded Standard (WES) 2009, Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES7) and Windows 7. Other proprietary thin client operating systems (ThinOS, Zero) are supported with advanced configurations. The choice of Operating System is largely dependent on the type of Aventura functionality desired.
Sympatica core services require a Domain User service account to be configured to log on and run as a Service. This facilitates administrator activities taking place between database servers and Aventura servers and services, and prevents many security conflicts. The Service account also needs to be a local administrator on the Aventura Servers and have the right to enumerate Active Directory Groups.
Proximity Cards and Card Readers
Sympatica supports RFIDeas pcProx and RFIDeas pcProx Plus contactless Proximity Card Readers. Aventura is a licensed reseller of all RFIDeas products, and can assist with the product purchasing. Proximity cards can also be purchased from a number of vendors, including: